HCBS Strategies, Inc.
HCBS Strategies is a small consulting firm that focuses exclusively on helping states and other clients build and improve home and community-based supports.
Our mission is to help build systems that maximize individual control and community integration for older adults and individuals with disabilities.
Our clients include Medicaid agencies, other state agencies that rely on Medicaid funds, the federal government and other key stakeholders affected by the Medicaid program, such as individuals with disabilities, their advocates and providers.
Comments on CMS's Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) Regulations
HCBS Strategies recently submitted comments to CMS regarding the development of choice counseling requirements for individuals in need of managed long term services and supports (MLTSS) in the draft managed care regulations (CMS-2390-P).
The primary point of HCBS Strategies' comments is that the requirements for choice counseling for individuals in need of MLTSS need to be strengthened if choice counseling is to be a meaningful tool for facilitating informed choice among participants needing MLTSS. To access these comments, click the link below.
- Evaluating program performance
- Analyzing business operations
- Strategic planning and program development
- Policy and regulations development
- Standardized data collection tools and processes
- Web-enabled data collection tools
- Operational manuals
- Quality management strategies
- Programmatic audit risk analysis
- Regulatory compliance
- Development of corrective action plans
- Finding the best fit for drawing down Federal Financial Participation (FFP)
- Writing waiver applications
- Grant writing
- Fiscal Impact Statements